SMS group GmbH is a global leader in metallurgical plant and rolling mill technology. We are part of the SMS group who generate sales of more than EUR 2.9 billion with some 14,000 employees worldwide. The sole owner of the holding company SMS GmbH is the Familie Weiss Foundation.
SMS India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100 % subsidiary of SMS group GmbH with offices in Gurgaon, Kolkata and Pune and a workshop in Bhubaneswar. The company was founded in 1989. With a workforce of 850, SMS India Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in the engineering, design and supply of equipment to the steel industry in India and abroad.
Specialist/Sr. Specialist - Electric & Automation (Processing Line) (m/f/d)
- PLC Software development & Engineering (PLC, Servers, Clients)
- Software engineering /programming as per project requirement for processing lines.
- Developing new software module for project if required.
- Co-ordinate with internal dept's and customers for fetching project inputs. Software module testing.
- Conduct Integration test internally and as well with customer.
- Resolve technical issues related to automation systems at site;
- Propose the modification of hardware/modules based on learning's from site realities of past/ongoing projects.
- Start-up, I/O check, and Cold commissioning at site.
- During cold trails checking all function needs and safety functions.
- Hot commissioning and Plant stabilization.
- Co-ordination with commissioning leader and between various groups on site like Mechanical, SDE, Customer, Engineering and team members for faster and smoother commissioning.
- Responsible for giving quality software and training to customer.
- Partly responsible for getting list of open points completed and obtain commissioning certificate, PG & FAC from Customer.
- 5-10 years of experience in Automation (programming, testing and commissioning) with exposure to Siemens/Rockwell/ABB PLC programming , Drives interface, HMI programming & Testing.
- Software development and Commissioning experience for the processing lines like CGL (Continuous Galvanizing Line), CAL (Continuous Annealing Line),CCL (Color Coating Line) etc is a must.
- Commissioning experience of the Strip Processing Line is a must.
- Exposure & knowledge of Siemens Step 7, Profibus DP, Profibus PA, Industrial ethernet, S7 400 & 300 PLC & S7 400 H system.
- Good experience in Software Development for Strip Processing Lines on Siemens platform.
- Knowledge of CFC, WinCC, PCS 7, integration of Step7 with WinCC will be an additional advantage.
Successful candidates can expect challenging assignments, flexible working conditions and a rewarding career with long-term prospects in a truly international environment. Join our company and enjoy a wide range of development and further training opportunities both within and outside your field of activity.
We are committed to a diverse working environment based on equal opportunities. We encourage our employees to respect and support all the cultures and beliefs within our workforce.
If you wish to further your career in an organization where your contribution can make a difference, feel free to send us an online application or to call Ms. Buena Mathew for further information.