SMS group GmbH is a global leader in metallurgical plant and rolling mill technology. We are part of the SMS group who generate sales of more than EUR 3.1 billion with some 14,400 employees worldwide. The sole owner of the holding company SMS GmbH is the Familie Weiss Foundation.
SMS India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100 % subsidiary of SMS group GmbH with offices in Gurgaon, Kolkata and Pune and a workshop in Bhubaneswar. The company was founded in 1989. With a workforce of 850, SMS India Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in the engineering, design and supply of equipment to the steel industry in India and abroad.
Rolling Mill Level1 Automation Engineer - Bhubaneswar
- Level1 Automation - PLC / Technological controls / HMI Software – Engineering, Programming, Testing and commissioning at site for Flat and Long rolling mill.
- Basic engineering – Preparation of IO list, I/O Engineering and related Automation drawings.
- Interface detailing for MCC’s, Drive’s, Measuring system, Level2 system and package units.
- Commissioning of Rolling mill Level1 automation system based on PLC’s / Technological platform for Hot mill, Cold mills, Long rolling mills and Processing lines (in India and abroad).
- Post commissioning support and service support.
- University Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (B.E or B. Tech).
- 4 to 12 Years work experience.
- Good knowledge of PLC programming using Ladder logic /Function block diagram / Continuous flow charts (CFC) and Sequence (on Siemens/ ABB/ TMEIC platform).
- Programming knowledge of Technological system like Siemens PCS7/ Siemens TDC /SMS X-pact / Hi-Pac system is desirable.
- Working knowledge on HMI systems like Siemens WinCC / Wonderware.
- Good knowledge in process of Hot mills, Cold Rolling mills, Long rolling mill and processing lines is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Good communication and analytical skills
- To have good interpersonal skill and ability to work in an international work environment.
- Ready to travel in India and abroad, for site commissioning work.
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-driven work culture and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application.