SMS Elotherm develops, produces, and sells leading induction technology worldwide. We are part of the SMS group who generate sales of more than EUR 2.9 billion with some 14,000 employees worldwide. The sole owner of the holding company SMS GmbH is the Familie Weiss Foundation. A performance-based corporate culture in a strong family company with a global presence are excellent reasons for shaping your future with us.
For our Chinese branch SMS Elotherm Induction Tech. Co. Ltd located in the greater Shanghai area we are looking for a
Product Manager China (m/f/d)
As part of our strategic growth outside of Europe, the Product Manager is part of the local management team and responsible for localisation of our products in China to support our sales of new machines in this region. The Product Manager is reporting disciplinary to the local managing director and functionally to his counterpart in Germany.
- Define requirements for local products and develop a strategy together with German headquarter for localisation
- Localize SMS Elotherm products in China in line with the overall SMS Elotherm strategy and make sure that the sales and delivery targets of localized products can be met
- Adapt components or systems for local production and sourcing in collaboration with the headquarter
- Find and develop suppliers that are able to meet Elotherm requirements in terms of costs and technology and ensure communication with these suppliers
- Clarification of technical questions with customers
- Technical approval of components and systems
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of the market and competitive situation.
- Continuous collection and dissemination of market-relevant information (including market volume, customer requirements, technical trends, relevant competitive information).
- Manage regular and ad-hoc reporting, create report and supervise the progress, provide solutions for the issues
- Ensure active communication between the different locations
- Negotiations of contracts and contract management
Set of requirements:
- He or she will have successfully completed a Master degree of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a business history with strong technical background
- Several years’ professional experience in the technical field and good experience in the machine-building industry with a network of potential suppliers
- He or she needs to be able to read and edit technical drawings and bill of materials
- Experience to work with inventor
- Candidates with know-how regarding induction heating have an advantage
- Candidates that have already successfully localized western-European assembly groups or machines have an advantage
- Basic commercial knowledge
- Intercultural competence (China and Germany)
- Interpersonal & communication skills (demonstration, presentation, negotiation skills)
- Knowledge of English to a sound negotiating standard, knowledge of German advantageous
- Experience to work with suppliers in the field of localization
- Ability to think in an entrepreneurial manner, with a strong degree of independence and readiness to perform
- Willingness to travel frequently within the region and to Europe
Training on our products and processes will be provided on site and at our manufacturing facility in Germany.
We offer interesting tasks with development opportunities in a technologically demanding international working environment with modern processes and systems. If we have aroused your interest, we look forward to receiving your online application.
SMS Elotherm GmbH