SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach (near Siegen/NRW) or Düsseldorf, where we're looking to recruit a
Commissioning technologist (Technology/operation of hot and cold rolling mills as well as technology/operation of furnaces)
Your responsibilities cover the worldwide commissioning of hot and cold rolling mills and furnaces for strip processing lines, hot rolling mills, and heat treatment lines; in addition, you will be responsible for:
- Optimizing process parameters and conducting and documenting the acceptance tests
- Analyzing operating data from the interaction of mechanical systems, automation equipment, and processes
- Drawing up optimization measures and initiating relevant measures in the commissioning team
- Conducting and documenting the acceptance tests
- Feeding the main operating results back into the company
- Training our customers
You have a degree in engineering or have completed technical/industrial vocational training with further upskill qualifications (e.g. as a technician); you should also have:
- Experience in the commissioning of cold and hot rolling mills, furnaces, or comparable plant and equipment
- Knowledge and experience of mechatronic systems
- Good IT knowledge
- Good written and spoken English
- An independent and target-oriented approach to work
- Teamworking skills, openness, an ability to cope with high workloads and stress, and a willingness to undertake foreign travel for long periods
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit-sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. We also provide you with the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, our in-house children's daycare center and flexible working hour models are just some of the options available to you as well as the possibility of mobile working.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Zöller.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 2733 29-2788
SMS group GmbH