SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach (near Siegen/NRW), where we're looking to recruit a
Design Engineer Hot Rolling Mills & Plate Mills
You will be responsible for autonomously designing and dimensioning machines and products for the field of Hot Rolling Mills & Plate Mills; other tasks include:
- Collaborating in the creation of our new products and the development of existing products
- Engineering and design of our machines and plant components
- Assisting with the detail design
- Looking after our job sites, workshops, and suppliers
- Providing support during discussions and negotiations with our customers in Germany and abroad
- Clarifying internal and external interdisciplinary interfaces
You have a degree in engineering with a major in mechanical engineering; you should also have:
- The ability to work in a team, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably CREO)
- A willingness to undertake business travel and spend time abroad
- Good knowledge of English
- A passion for designing products for the heavy mechanical engineering sector
- An understanding of mechatronic systems
- Good knowledge of the heat treatment of metal materials is desirable
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Zöller.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 2733 29-2788
SMS group GmbH