SMS digital GmbH is a leading provider of digital solutions in the metal industry. Since 2016 we develop innovative software solutions in the field of cloud computing to push digitalization forward. As a digital subsidiary of SMS group GmbH, the market leader in plant and mechanical engineering, we benefit from state-of-the-art development methods, metallurgical process know-how and technological expertise. Our goal is to optimize the entire value chain sustainable.
Do you want to revolutionize the metal industry with us? Then this is the right place for you.
(Senior) Project Engineer - Asset Optimization IIoT (m/f/d)
- Working on a wireless infrastructure landscape for the Asset Optimization Platform
- Grow with our platform team and develop the acquisition of data from SMS Group devices as well as 3rd party devices
- Understand & digitize the process & equipment expertise/knowledge into our Asset Optimization Platform
- You participate in requirement discussions, write specifications and test/evaluate partner products
- Provide internal support on the Asset Optimization Platform
- Provide expertise for Asset Optimization Platform integration of partner products and exchange with all different stakeholders
- Provide training and supervision to users from SMS group
- Maintain and monitor the existing testbeds in the subsidiaries and improve the platform services
- Make suggestions for work processes and product improvements
- Support the deployment and/or DevOps application upgrades, tests and evaluations
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technologies, Industrial Automation or /and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position, preferably in the industrial environment
- Knowledge in wireless technologies (LTE/5G, Bluetooth, uWB, SigFox etc.)
- Knowledge in industrial hardware & protocol (IIoT/PLC system/OPC UA/MQTT etc.)
- Knowledge in the use of Grafana
- Basic knowledge in Sensor Technologies
- Ability to work with people in an agile working environment
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously
- First experience or knowledge of related AWS services would be a plus, as well as experience working on a multi-tenant SaaS or in an Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT)/platform domain would be beneficial
- Fluent in English, German and/or French are considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS digital.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Magdalena Kalinowski.
SMS digital GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-6706