SMS digital GmbH is a leading provider of digital solutions in the metal industry. Since 2016 we develop innovative software solutions in the field of cloud computing to push digitalization forward. As a digital subsidiary of SMS group GmbH, the market leader in plant and mechanical engineering, we benefit from state-of-the-art development methods, metallurgical process know-how and technological expertise. Our goal is to optimize the entire value chain sustainable.
Do you want to revolutionize the metal industry with us? Then this is the right place for you.
Together with the Chair of Digital Communication Systems at Ruhr University Bochum, SMS Digital GmbH, oculavis GmbH and Telekommunikation Mittleres Ruhrgebiet GmbH, PHYSEC GmbH is working on the research project 5G-Furios.
5G-Furios - Resilient and Tactile 5G End-to-End Infrastructure for Privacy- and Safety-Proofed Remote Assistance and Worker Safety. With the enactment of the DSGVO in 2018, the relevance of data protection has been enshrined in law. This is the starting point of the project, which provides for the development and design of a tactile and highly available 5G end-to-end infrastructure for the use cases Remote Assistance as well as Worker Safety.
The goal of the project is to enable services that rely on guarantees to communications (e.g., latency). An important milestone is to measure maximum latencies for dangerous situations in order to verify which requirement has to be reached for a Safety Proofed Remote Assistance Call. To this end, efficient and effective algorithms for face and person pixelation will be explored. The project also envisages testing and further development of digital systems for operational safety and plant monitoring.
(Junior) Project Engineer - Research Project 5G.Furios (m/f/d)
- Develop the path to Worker Safety under 5G in the Research Project
- Integrate the ideas of the project into the wireless infrastructure landscape for the Asset Optimization Platform
- Grow with our platform team and develop the acquisition of data for HSE² from SMS Group devices as well as 3rd party devices.
- Understand & digitize the process & equipment expertise/knowledge into our Asset Optimization Platform
- You participate in requirements discussions, write specifications and test/evaluate partner products
- Provide expertise for Asset Optimization Platform integration of partner products and exchange with all different stakeholders
- Support the HSE² (Health, Safety, Environment, Energy) Mission of SMS digital
- Maintain and monitor the existing testbeds in the subsidiaries and improve the platform services
- Make suggestions for work processes and product improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technologies, Industrial Automation or a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position, preferably in the industrial environment.
- Ability to work with people in an agile working environment
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously
- Basics in wireless technologies (LTE/5G, Bluetooth etc.)
- Curiosity and Creativity to develop new ways of integration for HSE² Topics
- Fluent in English and German
- Willingness to travel internationally
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS digital.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Magdalena Kalinowski.
SMS digital GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-6706