SMS digital GmbH is a leading provider of digital solutions in the metal industry. Since 2016 we develop innovative software solutions in the field of cloud computing to push digitalization forward. As a digital subsidiary of SMS group GmbH, the market leader in plant and mechanical engineering, we benefit from state-of-the-art development methods, metallurgical process know-how and technological expertise. Our goal is to optimize the entire value chain sustainable.
Do you want to revolutionize the metal industry with us? Then this is the right place for you.
IT-Cloud & Network Engineer (m/f/d)
- Design, develop and establish cloud services and architectures (preferably AWS) as well as the implementation and integration into the global IT infrastructure operations
- Operation and further development of the "On Premise" and "On Demand" system landscapes for an enterprise-wide service delivery
- Taking over second and third level support for the operation of our cloud services based on AWS and Alibaba
- Provide solutions across a number of domains as part of our core platform, including monitoring, Kubernetes platform, Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD tooling
- Dynamically provisioning compute resources, providing high elasticity, and optimising for cost, while ensuring availability and resiliency
- Automating the creation of typical infrastructure dependencies of microservices, such as networks, databases, encryption keys, and object storage
- Securing the cloud architectures against unauthorised access and increasing security against the increasing international cyber threats
- Engage and collaborate with engineers across the business to understand use-cases, and to define best-practices for use of the infrastructure platform
- You have successfully completed vocational training, e.g. as Fachinformatiker, an IT specialist or a degree in computer science or a comparable field
- Several years’ experience in working with AWS, infrastructure automation and monitoring
- Practical experience in operating and troubleshooting Kubernets
- Bring in the new technologies and techniques while driving their adoption where appropriate
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Active participation in a thrilling community of engineers from various backgrounds who are working globally to solve several complex business cases
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS digital.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Magdalena Kalinowski.
SMS digital GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-6706