Drever International S.A. is an engineering company, market leader in the design and construction of industrial furnaces used in the steel industry.
Our company is active globally and supplies a central part of the plant: the furnace, galvanizing furnace, annealing furnace, stainless steel furnace and more recently electric steel furnace.
Since 2006, we are part of SMS group GmbH.
We are looking for a
Steel structure engineer (M/F/D)
- Monitor projects on a general level and participate in in-house and external project meetings;
- Collect the necessary information (layout, equipment, etc.) for dimensional design of structural steelwork and other structural elements (chimneys, etc.);
- Dimensional design and modelling of structural steel using the Tekla software;
- Monitor, verify and approve the work of in-house and external designers;
- Technical exchanges with manufacturers and external design offices;
- Calculate the strength and stability of structural steel, chimneys and any structural elements included in installations, in accordance with the codes in effect (Eurocodes, AISC, etc.);
- Establish the load distribution necessary to successfully complete the foundation plans;
- Define and calculate the various anchors specific to steel structures and chimneys;
- Perform special calculations (mechanical, thermal, etc.) for the mechanical engineering department;
- Ensure compliance with the standards applicable to the contract;
- Stay up-to-date with changes to standards that specifically relate to the design of steel structures and related structural elements;
- Standardise steel structural components, reports and calculation sheets;
- Manage and develop macros for the software used in the structural steel unit (SAP2000, Tekla, etc.).
- You have a master’s degree (detailed knowledge of structural mechanics); preferably a structural stability engineer.
- You are customer-focused and appreciate the smooth running of the department ;
- You are able to anticipate, structure and organise;
- You are able to analyse things on an overall level (bird’s-eye view);
- You are able to establish and manage your priorities and can handle stress;
- You are solution-oriented and focused on continuous improvement;
- You are fluent in French and English (oral and written);
- You have excellent knowledge of IT tools (Office Suite), and ability to learn other software tools that are developed or used by Drever (SAP 2000, Tekla, etc.);
- You are passionate about designing and calculating structures.
DREVER offers the opportunity to pursue a career in a human-size company which is part of an international engineering group. The Steel structure engineer will have an attractive salary package - including extra-legal advantages- matching the level of his/her engineering knowledge and experience.
If you think that you match the profile described above, and are ready to take up the challenge, then send your CV with a motivation letter
Drever International S.A.
Drever International S.A.