SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach, Düsseldorf or Mönchengladbach, where we're looking for a
Software developer process control systems (m/f/d)
You are responsible for the development and maintenance of process control systems for the automation of strip processing lines; In addition there are the following tasks:
- Innovative development of our systems for large-scale plants that are highly demanding in terms of software requirements and technology
- Creation of prototypes and proof of concepts
- Cooperation with internal specialists and the specialists of our customers
- Participation in integration tests
- Support of commissioning activities
You will be supported in these tasks by an experienced team and highly sophisticated trainings.
You have just successfully completed your bachelor degree, master degree or apprenticeship as a software developer or you have already gained first professional experiences; It is also important for us:
- Enjoyment of challenging programming tasks with electrical, mechanical and technological background
- Willingness to take over responsibility and drive projects forward
- High ability to work in a team
- Ideally knowledge of software design and programming, preferably in C# and Angular
- Preferably experience with relational databases and database design
- Knowledge of distributed systems desirable
- Good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Kalinowski.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-6706