SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, where we're looking to recruit a
(Senior) Sales Manager Secondary Metallurgy (m/w/d)
Would you enjoy working on future-oriented topics such as CO2-mitigation technologies, improving resource efficiency, and fostering sustainable development? As Sales Manager, you will be part of our technological sales team. Here, you will play a key role in steering international steelmaking sales projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing technical solutions, products and services for vacuum degassing (VD) and RH
- Actively acquiring customers
- Launching new products on the market and reporting market needs to the global management team
- Conducting market analyses and identifying potential beyond our current business
- Interacting with existing customers in all regions
- Ensuring active communication between all the different regions
- Negotiating and managing contracts
You have successfully completed a master’s degree in engineering or have a comparable qualification with a metallurgical background. In addition, we are looking for the following proven abilities:
- Several years’ professional experience in sales and secondary metallurgy plant construction (min. 3-5)
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in the management of international teams
- Interpersonal & communication skills (demonstration, presentation, and negotiation skills)
- Solid, business-level proficiency in English
- Ability to think in an entrepreneurial manner, strong degree of independence, and readiness to perform
- Willingness to undertake frequent travel
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit-sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. We also provide you with the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, and our in-house children's daycare center and flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or write to Mrs. Müller.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-4433