SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf or Mönchengladbach, where we're looking for a
Project Manager Hardware Engineering Electrical and Automation Systems (m/f/d)
You shall be responsible for ensuring the proper technical execution of electrical plant and control systems for steelworks and/or non-ferrous metals plants with regard to quality, deadlines and costs. And furthermore:
- Proactive dialog with internal and external stakeholders to manage interface requirements
- Close cooperation in the execution with international customers and our worldwide companies as well as external service providers.
- Cooperation in the award of contract for manufacturing of control cabinets and their monitoring and acceptance
- Elaboration of the specifications for the preparation of the circuit diagrams and their verification, among other things with the aid of the ECAD system EPLAN electric P8
- Responsibility for defining and dimensioning the required electrical components as well as the design of control cabinet layouts and the preparation of manufacturing documents such as control cabinet layouts, bills of materials and circuit diagrams
- Interest in object-oriented engineering and scripting (Excel, E-Plan, SQL queries, SPS knowledge)
- Design review of the hardware engineering
- Implementation of test processes
- Close cooperation with our external service providers in Germany and abroad
- Close cooperation with Purchasing for the purpose of awarding manufacturing of control cabinets as well as monitoring and acceptance of these
- Support to the installation engineering with regard to cable route planning and material procurement
- Support of the site management within the scope of the electrical installation on site
- Commissioning support
- Updating of the circuit diagrams after commissioning by adoption of the resignaled RedMarks
You have completed a degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation Technology or have completed a specialist course of training (e.g. Technicians, foremen) as well as good knowledge in control and drive engineering and ECAD systems (preferably EPLAN electric P8); we also attach great importance to this:
- Ideally process knowledge in the field of steelmaking and/or non-ferrous metallurgy plants
- Interdisciplinary thinking and acting
- Independent working methods, ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility
- Intercultural competence
- Good knowledge of German and English orally and in writing
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Kalinowski.
SMS group GmbH