SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach, Düsseldorf or Mönchengladbach, where we're looking for a
Functional Safety Expert (m/f/d)
You are a central contact person in the Center of Excellence Electrics/Automation for product specific questions/topics on functional safety. In addition there are the following tasks:
- Participation in the creation and updating of product-specific design specifications with regard to functional safety
- Participation in development of internal processes to ensure functional safety as well as internal product safety standards (e.g. typicals, safety function description, SIL, PL, Sistema, Softema)
- Participation in creation of global functional and technical safety concepts and strategies for verification and validation
- Participation in the SMS group's Functional Safety Expert Group
- Planning and participation in the procedure of Functional Safety Reviews, Audits and Assessments
- Participation in the coordination of suppliers for system, hardware and software development
- Coordination and implementation of in-house department-specific training courses/presentations on functional safety topics
You have completed a university degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent) and have proven experience in functional safety and automation. The following are also important to us:
- You own professional skills in use and programming safety controllers, preferably SIEMENS
- You are fluent in the English language
- You bring high perception and systematic working methods
- Your skills in communication, teamwork and negotiation are excellent
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Bieler.
SMS group GmbH
Kim Marielle Bieler
SMS group GmbH