SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach, where we're looking to recruit a
(Senior) Sales Manager Steelmaking (f/m/x)
Would you enjoy working on future-oriented topics such as CO2-mitigation technologies, improving resource efficiency, and fostering sustainable development? As Sales Manager, you will be part of our technological sales team. Here, you will play a key role in steering international steelmaking sales projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing technical solutions, products and services
- Actively acquiring customers
- Launching new products on the market and reporting market needs to the global management team
- Conducting market analyses and identifying potential beyond our current business
- Interacting with existing customers in all regions
- Ensuring active communication between all the different regions
- Negotiating and managing contracts
You have successfully completed a master’s degree in engineering or have a comparable qualification with a metallurgical background. In addition, we are looking for the following proven abilities:
- Several years’ professional experience in sales and metallurgical plant construction (min. 3-5)
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in the management of international teams
- Interpersonal & communication skills (demonstration, presentation, and negotiation skills)
- Solid, business-level proficiency in English
- Ability to think in an entrepreneurial manner, strong degree of independence, and readiness to perform
- Willingness to undertake frequent travel (ca. 25 %)
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: 02161 350-2859