SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach, where we're looking for a
Product Manager (m/f/d)
You will support the development of Long Products assigned to Product Management department in the Center of Excellence Technical Service Long Products, taking care about different business initiatives with the target to improve or extend the portfolio, meeting market needs and expectations, in parallel and coordination with the consolidated business of Technical Service.
Your task will be therefore, in combination and harmony with tailor made business (OEM), E&A and Digital to analyze market demand of customers and customers’ customers, transferring these requirements to our product portfolio. In addition you will:
- Support the implementation of new product strategies
- Conduct market analyses together with the regions
- Create business plans
- Development and follow up of single initiative of product development
- Promote new products to the Regional Salesforce and/or directly to Customers
- Internal consulting and moderation of internal workshops
You have successfully completed a degree in industrial engineering and/or business administration or a comparable field and have ideally already worked in a comparable function. Furthermore, the following qualifications round off your personal profile:
- Innovative, inquisitive and solution-oriented mindset
- Customer-oriented action paired with high price and cost awareness
- Experience in project management
- Strong communication skills, capability to influence other organizations
- Mental agility and ability to familiarize yourself with new topics at short notice
- High level of initiative and motivation: you will be our entrepreneurial boost of the business
- Ideally, product knowledge in metallurgical plant construction
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Willing to learn and make abroad experiences across SMS constellation
- Intercultural attitude and competence
- Out of the box thinking and interdisciplinary mindset is a must
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email Mr. Spitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 211 881-6706