SMS group is renowned worldwide for its forward-thinking technologies and outstanding services in the metals industry. We apply our 150 years of experience and digital know-how to continuously innovate products and processes inside and outside our industry. As a partner for the most demanding projects, SMS accompanies its customers throughout the entire life cycle of their plants, thus enabling profitable and resource-saving value chains. Our mission is to turn metals green and to advance climate-neutral and sustainable metals production.
QuinLogic is a 100% daughter company of SMS group, based in Aachen, Germany, in the heart of Europe. Located in the immediate vicinity of the Netherlands and Belgium, Aachen is home to one of the German Excellence Universities with a young, international spirit. We love software, technology, and the opportunity to create. This only works in a multi-cultural team, where ideas come together, and we support each other. We see ourselves as a community with common goals.
We are small and strong enough that each of us assumes responsibility for his/her tasks and projects in a ﬂat hierarchy. And as a subsidiary of the SMS group, we are big enough for above-average development opportunities - for each one of us.
Within international corporate structures, we are as international as our customers on all continents. Steel, aluminum, and other metals companies around the world rely on our software to improve their quality processes as part of their digital transformation processes. With our Quality Execution System (QES) and our Production Data Warehouse (PDW), we enable the company-wide merging of production and quality data, automatic quality assessment and process improvement. To do this, we use the most modern methods of software technology and machine learning.
For our Aachen office we are looking for a :
Software Consultant Quality Execution Systems (m/f/d)
- Commissioning and integration of our software products at national and international companies in the steel, aluminum and non-ferrous metal industries
- Consulting and support for our customers in the implementation of their specific solutions for quality improvement
- Connecting the distributed customer data from different production lines and locations to our Production Data Warehouse and creation of data models for further evaluation
- Support of the technical experts of our customers in the use of our machine learning tools
- Self-reliant project management and planning to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget both in standalone projects and as part of large-scale SMS projects
- Cooperation with colleagues from other SMS group companies and divisions
- Completed degree in computer science, physics or another STEM subject or a comparable education
- Extensive experience with relational database systems and in-depth knowledge of SQL
- Experience in using C#, .net, WPF and MVVM
- Ideally, experience with future technologies such as Industry 4.0, Big Data, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Not being afraid of big projects
- Communicative, team-oriented, and self-dependent
- Good written and spoken English and / or German
- Demanding and responsible work in a dynamically growing market
- Exciting customer projects in fascinating industries
- Comprehensive training in the software and its applications
- A collegial working environment in an international team
- Open-ended employment contract with attractive, performance-related remuneration
- Flexible working hours and choice of workplace with flexible home office arrangements
- Moderate travel activity
- Free drinks and company bike offers
Have we aroused your interest?
Then visit our application form and let us know who you are.
We look forward to you!
Dr.-Ing. Michael Raus