SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach where we're looking to recruit a
Development Manager Green Metals Technology (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for Project management for interdisciplinary development projects; other tasks include:
- Execution of development projects for process technology and plant engineering concerning decarbonization requirements for the production of metallic strips
- Design and calculation of thermal processes
- Process evaluation with regard to function and economic efficiency (total cost of ownership)
- Methodical support of the departments and subsidiaries
- Cost tracking and schedule control of ongoing projects
- Support of sales, execution and commissioning in close coordination with the product managers
You have a completed master degree in engineering or natural sciences ; other important aspects and skills include:
- very good knowledge in the field of product development, heat treatment, design and calculation of thermal processes
- very good metallurgical knowledge
- good knowledge of simulation tools
- good programming skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- open-mindedness, negotiation skills, ability to work in a team
- good English language skills
- Working in international and cross-company teams
- Willingness to travel worldwide
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH