SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach where we're looking to recruit a
Technological Steel Structure Coordinator (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for creating the structural steel drafts, taking into account technological and plant-related requirements and the optimal functionality and accessibility of the plant for operation and servicing; other duties include:
- Incorporating products from SMS group and from external suppliers and service providers into the documents for the structural steel engineering
- Preparing quotation request documentation
- Supporting external engineering service providers and manufacturers
- On request focused manufacturing and job site supervision and visiting sites
- Providing technical support for internal employees working on the project
- Drawing up static analyses and calculations for steel structures
You have a degree in engineering with a major in mechanical engineering; you should also have:
- Some initial engineering experience in an engineering office
- Ideally, advanced knowledge of structural steel engineering
- In-depth knowledge of the CAD software used (Tekla, NavisWorks, and AutoCAD)
- Good knowledge of English
- Some basic experience of SAP would be welcome
- A strong ability to grasp matters quickly, personal initiative, and teamwork skills
- Enthusiasm for worldwide travel for the purpose of visiting our customers and projects
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH