SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
We are looking for people who embrace our values, who are not afraid to take on challenges, innovate, experiment and go at a fast pace. We are always looking for ways to improve our solutions and ourselves. If this applies to you and you have the following skills, we would like to talk to you.
Become a part of our future at SMS group in Boden, Sweden where we're looking for a
Supply Chain Manager (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for managing and processing international procurement and purchasing demands from SMS group. You investigate, develop and report about suppliers in the relations for the metallurgical plant and rolling mill equipment and components. In addition you will be responsible for:
- Investigations and development of supplier relations in Sweden/Nordic (primarily for supplies of technical services, metallurgical plant and rolling mill equipment and related technologies)
- Setting up and maintenance of a supplier database and supplier evaluation system (CSMT)
- Close cooperation with headquarters’ strategic and operative purchasing as well as with the project leading business unit Technical Service
- Conducting price evaluations for the determination of the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Conducting of negotiations on prices and terms and conditions, in coordination with the international purchasing organization
- Planning and control of delivery- and quality-assuring measures in coordination with the Project Management
- Tracking of market and price trends
- Active participation and communication within the global SMS group Supply Chain and Technical Service network
You have a University degree (Bachelor, Master) in mechanical engineering and or with commercial background; important to us:
- Significant and provable work experience in purchasing of technical equipment and components
- Experience in dealing with suppliers
- Knowledge of country and industry specific supplier structures
- Independent and methodical approach to work
- Good communication and negotiations skills
- Sound knowledge and experience in MS Office and SAP/ERP system
- Willingness to travel within Nordic Region and Europe
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; knowledge of Swedish Language would be helpful; German language skills would be an optional asset
- Willingness to learn new technologies and to develop new skills as required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Required to interpret blueprints for the purpose of preparing and discussing inquiry documents with suppliers
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Spitzer (email@example.com).
SMS group GmbH