SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future - at the SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach as a
Head of Strategic Procurement & Purchasing of Indirect Materials/Services
You will be responsible for developing the SMS group's Stratetic Procurement accross all direct and indirect materials and services, and across all Supply Chain Hubs and SMS group entities; in addition:
- Define and execute material group specific sourcing strategies in close connections with global CoE Supply Chain functions (Operational Purchasing, Project Procurement, Supplier Quality, Production), CoE Products and SMS group entities
- Support driving state of the art methods, processes and tools with regard to Strategic Procurement (e.g. material group management, supplier management, pooling of demands, framework agreements, best cost country sourcing, Supply Chain tools like eAuctions etc.)
- Manage SMS group`s global Task Force program on Material Cost/ Purchasing optimization to drive execution of material cost savings (across all SC Hubs and SMS group entities)
- Lead SMS group`s corporate Indirect Purchasing function to fulfill targets on budget, lead time and efficiencies - drive further development for increased value contribution and process improvements
- Maintain and drive compliance with SMS group Global Purchasing Guideline plus local Purchasing Guidelines within SMS group entities, closely connected with Internal Audit
- Coordinate all activities with regard to ESG requirements towards and within CoE Supply Chain, especially with regard to Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains (“Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz”)
- Facilitate global Supply Chain network (e.g. Global SC Conference), create presentations statistics and reportings for internal and external needs (e.g. Global SC Report)
You have a degree in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering or business administration with a technical and commercial background (focus: supply chain management). In addition, you ideally have several years of professional experience in supply chain management, preferably in strategic and/or operational procurement in an international environment; important to us are also:
- experienced, self-motivated and self-organized manager with communicative, resilient and analytical character
- Expertise in state-of-the-art procurement methods and tools, international (supply) markets and process optimization
- Ability to lead and develop international teams
- proven project management skills
- good expertise in MS Office, SAP and Supply Chain tools
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Business fluent in German and English
As an innovative and internationally active employer, we will convince you with performance-related remuneration (incl. a profit-sharing scheme) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to optimally balance family and career, e.g. with our childcare and our flexible working time models as well as the possibility of mobile working. Find out more about the advantages of working for the SMS group here.
Have we convinced you to shape the future together with us? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH