SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach where we're looking to recruit a
Project Supply Chain Manager / Project Procurement Manager (m/f/d)
You will be the responsible representative in customer projects during the sales and execution phase for the Supply Chain area; in addition to:
- Coordination of all supply chain activities for a specific project
- Development of the project specific supply chain strategy
- RFI's, RFQ's and price negotiations with global suppliers
- Creation and processing of purchase orders for key project components in accordance with project requirements
- Selection of appropriate suppliers in line with project specific supply chain strategy and material group strategy
- Ensuring milestones are achieved from a project supply chain perspective (cost, quality, time)
You have a commercial or technical education and/or a degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or business administration. You bring a strong technical and commercial understanding. Also important to us are:
- Relevant professional experience in project management and/or in the procurement of technical components and services ideally in the mechanical and plant engineering sector
- Experience in dealing with international suppliers as well as knowledge of international contractual conditions
- Understanding of manufacturing and logistics processes
- Knowledge of tools for scheduling and project management, of the SAP/ERP system and of MS Office
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and parts lists for the preparation of inquiry documents
- Business fluent English language skills, both written and spoken
- A creative and innovative mind-set coupled with the ability to work in a team and independently in an international environment
- Good communication and conflict management skills as well as excellent negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel worldwide
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH