SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf where we're looking to recruit a
Design Engineer for Converter Steelmaking (m/f/d)
Do you want to contribute to shape the green future of the tomorrows Steelmaking Technology?
As a Design Engineer for Converter Steelmaking you are responsible for the design and constructive processing of converters, taking into account the technological and plant requirements, as well as the optimal functionality and accessibility of the plant for maintenance and operation; in addition:
- Scheduling of plant components from external suppliers
- Preparation of inquiry documents
- Support of external construction service providers and manufacturers
- Participation in customer meetings
- Production controls and site supervision, as well as short-term site visits
- Technical support of the internal employees involved in the project
You have a degree in engineering with a major in mechanical engineering, or you have completed equivalent vocational training as a mechanical engineer with several years of professional experience. Other important skills and qualifications:
- Ideally, experience in the design and engineering of steelmaking plants
- In-depth knowledge of the CAD software used (Creo and AutoCAD)
- Good knowledge of English
- Initial experience of SAP would be welcome
- A strong ability to grasp matters quickly, personal initiative, and teamwork skills
- Enthusiasm for worldwide travel for the purpose of visiting our customers and projects
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Müller.
SMS group GmbH