SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf where we're looking to recruit a
Design Engineer / Technical Subproject Manager for VD/VOD Plants for Steelmaking (m/f/d)
Do you want to contribute to shape the green future of the tomorrows Steelmaking Technology?
As a Design Engineer / Technical Subproject Manager for VD/VOD Plants for Steelmaking you will be responsible for the design and configuration of vacuum degassing (VD/VOD) plants, taking into account technological and plant-related requirements as well as the optimal functionality and accessibility of the plant for operation and servicing; other duties include:
- Planning and scheduling plant components from external suppliers
- Preparing quotation request documentation
- Supporting external engineering service providers and manufacturers
- Participating in meetings with customers
- Conducting manufacturing checks and providing job site support as well as visiting sites at short notice
- Providing technical support for internal employees working on the project
You have a degree in engineering with a major in mechanical engineering, or you have completed equivalent vocational training as a mechanical engineer with several years of professional experience
Other important skills and qualifications:
- Ideally, experience in the design and engineering of vacuum treatment plants
- In-depth knowledge of the CAD software used (Creo and AutoCAD)
- Good knowledge of English
- Initial experience of SAP would be welcome
- A strong ability to grasp matters quickly, personal initiative, and teamwork skills
- Enthusiasm for worldwide travel for the purpose of visiting our customers and projects
For applicants just starting their professional careers, we would be happy to offer you training and development opportunities, allowing you to grow into the role.
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Müller.
SMS group GmbH