SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach (near Siegen/NRW), where we're looking to recruit a
Development engineer (f/m/x)
You will be responsible for compiling calculations for plants and equipment for flat products, particularly in the field of structural mechanics and mechanical engineering; other tasks include:
- Producing calculations for structures and components for flat products in the field of rolling mill technology, structural steel engineering for machinery, and strip processing lines
- Designing, enhancing, and optimizing machine components and plant technology
- Providing methodical support to the relevant departments and teams
- Taking responsibility for the careful implementation of development projects
- Collaborating across disciplines
- Assisting with commissioning and sales projects
You have a degree in mechanical engineering; you should also have:
- In-depth knowledge of machine elements and design
- In-depth knowledge in the field of mechanics, especially structural mechanics, bar statics, and strength analyses
- Very good proficiency in the use of simulation tools (FEM methods)
- Very good knowledge in the field of operational stability and endurance strength and the related design guidelines (Guideline on the Analytical Strength Assessment of Components in Mechanical Engineering (or FKM Guideline), and Eurocodes)
- Good proficiency in the use of CAD programs (ideally Creo Parametric)
- An open mindset, teamwork skills, and resilience
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- A willingness to travel on business
- Business fluent German and very good English language skills
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and mobile work options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working at SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH
SMS group GmbH