SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach, where we're looking for an
Engineering Planner (f/m/x)
Would you like to contribute actively to our Project Management? You can definitely make an impact and these would be your main tasks:
- Assign & maintain engineering deliverables under deliverable packages to link them to the Level 3 of the Project Time Schedule
- Regularly review and check assigned documents for completion, ensuring they meet the set standards and project requirements
- Provide regular reminders to colleagues regarding upcoming deliverables based on the look-ahead schedules, fostering a proactive work environment
- Promptly report any deviations in schedules or deliverables to the Project Scheduler and Engineering Manager, facilitating quick resolution of potential issues
- Participate in all engineering-related meetings, providing valuable input and maintaining open lines of communication with all team members
- Follow up on open points from engineering meetings or reports, ensuring they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain and update engineering progress reports regularly, providing visibility on the project status to all relevant stakeholders
- Monitor planned vs. actual manhours for the engineering workpackages in a project, create and distribute the reports with highlighted deviations
You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical or economic discipline or a similar education. Furthermore we are looking for:
- Prior experience in document control or scheduling in an engineering environment as well as general knowledege about plant engineering
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of deliverable driven scheduling or other similar project scheduling methodologies; experience in using tools like Primavera and / or MS Project is beneficial
- Business proficiency in English and good German language skills
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH