SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach, where we're looking for a
Global Engineering Coordination Manager (f/m/x)
The Global Engineering Coordination Manager is responsible for the capacity planning and steering of the Global Engineering Center Network (GECN). She / he is also responsible for providing transparent project and capacity information to the GECN stakeholders.
Further tasks will be:
- Adapt standard manpower planning tools, policies, procedures and practices required by the bid preparation, contracts and GECN taskholders
- Develop manpower availability and skillsets requirements for bid preparation and project execution
- Maintain and control the manpower usage and requirement schedule
- Create & distribute capacity planning and availability to stakeholders
- Administration, control and steering of workpackages and provision of progress data to stakeholders
- Support and promote communication across interfaces in the GECN
- Regular reporting to head of General Engineering
- Guidance of stakeholders of the GECN
Ideally you have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines or a similar education and have already gained professional experience.
Furthermore important to us is:
- General knowledge about plant engineering
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of deliverable driven scheduling or other similar project scheduling methodologies; experience in using Primavery and/or MS Project is beneficial
- Good language skills in English and German
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH