SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group in Istanbul/Turkey, where we're looking to recruit a
Quality and Inspection Manager (f/m/d)
Steel Construction & Welded Heavy Machinery
For our growing organisation in Turkey, we are looking for a leader to execute the inspection works at supplier sites, and join to our Supply Chain local set-up in Istanbul.You will be mainly responsible for:
- Regular supplier visits (min. 80% of time) for execution of inspections in supplier’s workshop; reporting the status of manufacturing and quality, expediting
- Depending on the project volume; executing daily/weekly reports, provide smooth information flow between global project teams and supplier manufacturing,
- Hands on inspection on the parts / machinery in terms of dimensional and geometrical tolerance checks, witness of functional tests, control /execute test plans according to special standards etc.
- Active involvement in supplier development activities, coaching.
- Conducting research for new potential suppliers, creating visit and audit reports
- Actively following market trends (manufacturing and welding technologies, raw material supply etc.)
- Frequently attending global supply chain activities and providing necessary support in required actions.
- Technical coordination between suppliers and SMS group “worldwide project teams”, to clarify open topics, identify deviations and problem solving
- Welding engineering degree with NDT certifications (VT, MT, PT, UT, RT Level II) preferred
- Good command of written and spoken English and Turkish (the position requires all communication/reporting to be made in English language)
- University degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in heavy machinery manufacturing which covers the areas of Welding and fabrication, machining, assembling, piping, hydraulics and functional testing
- Technical understanding of mechanical fundamentals of related machines, drawings and BOM
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Good communication skills for coaching of manufacturers and supplier development activities
- Willingness and no restriction for travel (~>80% mobility)
- Having a valid driving license
- Completed military service for male candidates
- Living or willing to live on the Asian side of Istanbul or Kocaeli
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Ecenur Özbek (EceNur.Ozbek@sms-group.com) from our Instanbul office.
SMS group GmbH