SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach (near Siegen) or Mönchengladbach, where we're looking to recruit a
Development engineer process technology (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of software for process models in hot rolling mills. Your tasks will also include:
- Implementation of mathematical and physical algorithms
- Application and implementation of methods and concepts from the fields of data science, AI and machine learning
- Analysis of the rolling process, including analysis of databases (SQL) and measuring records (IBA) for optimization and further development
- Teamwork with colleagues from our international locations in the USA, China and India among others
- Presentation of work results to the project team and customers
- Worldwide commissioning assignments, service assignments and customer meetings
You have a top-grade master's degree in engineering (possibly with a doctorate) in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics or physics; we also attach importance to the following:
- Experience in professional software development (C#, C++) and data analysis (SQL, R)
- Knowledge in the fields of machine learning and data science
- Independent and target-oriented working methods
- Excellent communication skills written / oral English and German
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team, commitment, flexibility, and a cost-conscious mindset
- Interpersonal competence, a confident and convincing demeanor in a multinational and multisocietal environment
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and mobile work options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Bley.
SMS group GmbH
SMS group GmbH