SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf or Mönchengladbach where we're looking to recruit a
Sub-Project Manager Technology (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for the technological design and configuration of all furnace types covered by our CoC Furnace; other duties include:
- Calculating all heating and cooling processes
- Defining contractual guarantees
- Evaluating processes in terms of functionality and cost efficiency
- Support with matters relating to sales, project management, erection/commissioning, and service in close consultation with the product owners in Germany and abroad
- Planning and looking after performance runs as part of the commissioning of furnace plants
You have a degree in engineering or natural sciences; you should also have:
- In-depth knowledge of heat treatment / furnace technology design and construction
- In-depth knowledge of fluid mechanics
- In-depth knowledge of heating and heat treatment processes
- Good user knowledge of SAP, MS Office, MS Teams, Aveva, COMOS
- Ability to work in a team, assert yourself, perform under stress, and take decisions
- An open mindset, negotiating skills, ability to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English and German
- Working in international and cross-company teams
- A willingness to travel on business
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH