SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach, where we're looking for a
Senior Project Engineer -Plant Auxiliaries (Hoists & Cranes) (f/m/x)
The Senior Project Engineer (Plant Auxiliaries – Hoists & Cranes) is responsible for the execution and co-ordination of specific engineering tasks for a project with regards to quality, costs and time.
- Responsible for quality, agreed dates, man-hours, calculations and the technical concept for Plant Auxiliaries equipment
- Being the internal and external interface for a specific project
- Tender/ Contract review with regards to deviations, completeness and risks
- Close co-operation and technical leadership of our colleagues in the international Engineering Centers and offices. Contribution to developing the technical and commercial project strategy for the specific equipment
- Preparation/ verification of the discipline scope of work, calculations, manpower estimate and schedule for the projects
- Contribution to execution planning, organization chart, resource planning, scheduling, cost control, procurement, expediting, documentation and construction as required by the project management
- Elaboration of technical alternatives and preparation of studies and analysis
- Preparation of the Plant Auxiliaries specification
- Assistance to sales and contract negotiations
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent education
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar industry is essential
- Knowledge of different types of hoist, cranes, mobile lifting equipment
- Experience with the relevant standards, e.g. VDI 3571; DIN EN 1993 (EC3) is desirable
- Appreciation for HSE requirements
- Understand stakeholder requirements to develop and deliver collaborative projects
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to work with a diverse team of colleagues at all levels in different countries
- The drive and motivation to meet the time, cost and quality targets
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German language skills would be appreciated
- Profound knowledge of Office, CAD and ERP software/tools (e.g. MS Project, Navisworks, AutoCAD, SAP S4/HANA)
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SMS group GmbH