SMS group is noted worldwide for its mechanical and plant engineering expertise, its future-oriented technologies and its excellent service for the metals industry. We use our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes – even outside our core business. We are the partner for demanding projects, and we support our customers during the complete lifecycle of their plants, enabling profitable and resource-saving value creation chains. We have set ourselves the task of paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry. As a global player with German roots, we take responsibility for our 14,000 employees and the society.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Hilchenbach (near Siegen) or Düsseldorf, where we're looking to recruit a
Commissioning technologist (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities cover the worldwide commissioning of hot and cold rolling mills; in addition, you will be responsible for:
- Optimizing process parameters and conducting and documenting the acceptance tests
- Analyzing operating data from the interaction of mechanical systems, automation equipment, and processes
- Further development of plant and process technology
- Drawing up optimization measures and initiating relevant measures in the commissioning team
- Conducting and documenting the acceptance tests
- Feeding the main operating results back into the company
- Training our customers
You have a degree in engineering or have completed technical/industrial vocational training with relevant further upskill qualifications; you should also have:
- Experience in the commissioning of cold and hot rolling mills
- Knowledge and experience of mechatronic systems
- Good IT knowledge
- Good written and spoken English
- An independent and target-oriented approach to work
- Teamworking skills, openness, strong ability to perform under stress
- A willingness to travel on business for long periods of time
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Zöller.
SMS group GmbH
Telephone: +49 2733 29-2788
SMS group GmbH