SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf or Mönchengladbach, where we're looking for a
Head of Power Electrics/Automation (m/f/d)
You shall be responsible for the contractual provision of hardware solutions in relation to electrical energy distribution (medium and low voltage systems) with the integration of renewable energies and storage systems. Further tasks are:
- Project related development of concepts and dimensioning as well as hardware provision and documentation
- Preparation of order specifications as well as technical and commercial evaluation of supplier offers
- Remote support during commissioning
- Standardization of hardware solutions with regard to electrical energy distribution
- Optimization of the processes and the tools in the area of responsibility
- Trustful global cooperation with all relevant departments inside and outside the company
- Holding regular staff meetings, local and international as well as participating at project and management meetings
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to staff
You have a solid educational background, including completed studies in electrical engineering with a focus on power supply engineering as well as several years of experience in planning and implementation of industrial distribution networks, possibly with renewable energies and storage systems. We also attach great importance to this:
- Experience in the integration of subcontractors, in the international field and in staff management
- Confident English
- Willingness to travel globally to customer, supplier and company's locations
- You are a recognized expert in your field, an organizational talent and open to innovations
- You are communicative, goal-oriented, self-motivated and able to motivate others
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Kalinowski.
SMS group GmbH