SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future - at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach as
Trainee (m/f/d) in Technical Service
For our trainee program in the Center of Excellence Technical Service, we are looking for graduates who are enthusiastic about technology and innovation. In 18 to 24 months, we will jointly lay the foundation for your future at SMS group GmbH. The trainee program includes:
- Responsibility for specific projects
- Diverse areas of work in the fields of project management, sales, design, mechanics, etc.
- Intensive involvement in day-to-day business
- Support from a mentor in each department
- Learning about products and processes
- Practical experience through assignments abroad (up to 4 months)
- Permanent employment contract
- Wide range of further training opportunities
We are looking for trainees in the following areas:
- Sales for all technical product areas and Electrics & Automation
- Product management for all technical product areas, eServices and Electrics & Automation
- Project management for all product areas
You have an above-average degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or industrial engineering. Also important to us are:
- High interest in technology and innovations
- Strong communication skills and a proactive, goal-oriented approach to work
- Interest in project management & product management
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Experience with MS Office and an affinity for IT applications
- Knowledge of SAP and Creo desirable, but not required
- Willingness to travel worldwide
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Magdalena Kalinowski.
SMS group GmbH