SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
Become a part of our future at SMS group GmbH in Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach or Hilchenbach where we're looking to recruit a
General Commissioning Manager (m/f/d)
You are responsible for the overall coordination of the commissioning on the construction site until the successful completion of the acceptance tests; in addition:
- Commissioning planning and coordination of scheduling and staffing with commissioning stakeholders and the General Site Manager
- Planning and execution with the General Site Manager, the Performance Test Coordinator, the Process Engineer Technology and the commissioning team of the tests to prove the warranted characteristics and guarantees
- Responsible and supervisor on site for the entire commissioning team
- Participate in the selection of site personnel under the responsibility of the Line Manager
- Supporting the Project Manager in obtaining acceptance
You have a degree in engineering or as a technician or similar qualification (automation, mechanical or plant engineering, process engineering); important for us are
- Several years of experience in plant construction or operation for metallurgical plants (steelworks, rolling mills, strip processing lines...)
- Experience in the commissioning of plants in an international environment
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Willingness to travel for long-term, worldwide assignments
- Team and leadership skills and flexibility
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Open and clear communication
As an innovative and international employer, we offer a performance-oriented salary package (incl. profit sharing) and an attractive company pension scheme. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance, e.g. with our in-house children's daycare center, flexible working hour models, and homeworking options. Click here to learn more about the benefits of working for SMS group.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Magdalena Kalinowski.
SMS group GmbH