SMS group is renowned worldwide for its future-oriented technologies and outstanding service for the metals industry. In 2022, our team of over 14,400 employees around the world generated sales of more than 3.1 billion euros. We apply our 150 years of experience and our digital know-how to provide the industry continuously with innovative products and processes that extend beyond our core business. We are the right partner for challenging projects and support our customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their plants and equipment. Paving the way for a carbon-neutral and sustainable metals industry is our stated goal.
SMS group is opening a new branch in the north of Sweden and seeking an experienced and motivated senior manager to manage it’s maintenance and operational business.
The company will manage, operate and maintain roll grinding workshops and mold and segment workshop within a designated customer premises and additionally manage an ‘external workshop’ within the local area.
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR (SITE DIRECTOR) (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for managing & coordinating the complete autonomous set-up of the local business, this includes but not limited to; recruitment of personnel and sub-contractors, timely procurement of required equipment, tooling and spare parts, set-up of on-site and off-site offices, workshops, storage facilities and working areas, coordination of consulting team for set-up of all procedures and systems. In addition to that:
- Managing and coordinating a multi-disciplined workforce during the start-up phase of the business and ensuring the complete readiness of the business to meet the contractual obligations to the customer within the contractual time-lines
- Be the direct contact and advisor for the customer as a trusted partner and coordinate all internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and control the day-to-day business during the operational phase of the contract
- Track, monitor and adjust all working criteria to ensure compliance to the contractual obligations and KPI’s
- Continuously look for improvement potentials and communicate to group management
You have a Engineering degree or an equivalent education backround; important to us:
- At least (8+) years’ experience within the iron & steel industry
- Hold a proven track record in a managerial role
- Experienced Maintenance Manager with clear understanding of Reliability Engineering Strategies and Systems
- Very good English language skills, knowledge of Swedish Language would be helpful; German language skills would be an optional asset
- Strong commitment, sense of responsibility and cost awareness
- Good communication skills
- Sound knowledge of ERP/IT systems & programs.
- Willingness to travel periodically.
Candidates who can demonstrate active experience and knowledge within either an operational or maintenance role, specifically in the fields of Casting and/or Hot/Cold Rolling will have an advantage.
As an innovative and international employer, we offer you a performance-oriented salary package and the opportunity to achieve the ideal family/work life balance.
Are you keen on shaping the future with us? If so, feel free to send us your online application. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Spitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SMS group GmbH